High Protein Breakfast Superfood Gratitude Bowl
- 1 cup of High Protein Superfood
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 plums
- 1 apricot plus any other fruit you want
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 lime
Staying motivated to eat healthily and move your body during the winter months can be tough. The days are shorter, the weather is generally worse, and many of us develop a craving for cozier, warmer foods.
Many people believe that restricting certain foods from your diet is necessary to retain a healthy diet. However, switching up your meals to include more of the things you love can be just as good for your body and mind. Furthermore, there are lots of ways to eat more decadently without being unhealthy.
Our High Protein Breakfast gratitude bowl does exactly that. It’s the perfect mix of good-for-you and good tasting. In fact, research shows that being grateful for the small things in life can have a big impact on your wellbeing.
How To Maintain A Healthy Diet Without Getting Bored
One of the easiest ways to prevent boredom with a healthy diet is getting inspired. Trying new dishes and cooking ingredients in new ways is a great way to keep things fresh. When it comes to breakfast, it’s easy to eat the same meal each and every day. While it might be simple, it’s bound to get boring very quickly.
Our High Protein Superfoods Gratitude bowl is the perfect recipe to keep breakfast boredom at bay. The ingredients are simple and ones that you would commonly find on supermarket shelves or probably have at hand in your kitchen.
This recipe has all the nutritional benefits of a great breakfast. It includes High Protein Breakfast superfood which is packed full of all the nutrients you need to start you day off strong. We’ve added in fruit to keep the recipe fresh and nutritious and combined it with a sweet element that makes it feel more like a dessert.
Including ingredients you wouldn’t eat on a regular basis – like caramelised sugar — is a great way to prevent a deprivation mindset. The best thing about this recipe is even though it includes sugar, you know what you are adding into the mix. The most successful healthy diet is one that you can stick to.
High Protein Breakfast Bowl With Candied Fruit And Condensed Coconut Milk
1. In a saucepan pour in your coconut milk and on a medium heat, reduce slowly while you do the next step.
2. Cut your fruit up. Cut the apricot into rings, as in the photo. This will require you to separate it down it’s seam and cut 3mm wide slices that keep the hole in the middle. Grease some wax paper and lay out the rings.
3. In another saucepan, pour in one cup of sugar and one tablespoon of water. On a low heat, melt the sugar until it is translucent. Increase the temperature to medium high. Keep the liquid swirling in the saucepan to keep it moving. Eventually, the mixture will turn a caramel colour.
Once it turns colour begins to smell like caramel it is ready to pour. Pour the caramelised sugar into the sliced apricot rings, filling up the hole in the middle. Leave it to set.
4. The hot coconut milk should be reduced to just over half its original volume. It should now be thick and creamy, and almost like a syrup. You probably won’t need the whole lot, so refrigerate it and heat it up later.
5. Serve the candied apricots, a scoop of High Protein Superfood with the warm coconut milk. Add fruit and a slice of lime and serve with the greatest of gratitude.