- For the filling:
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 apples
- For the topping:
- 1 cup high protein superfood
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 175 C
- Mix the maple syrup, lemon juice, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Core and slice the apples. Place the apples in the filling mixture and stir until the apples are well coated in the mixture. Place in the ungreased pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, in a bowl, mix together the high protein superfood, cinnamon and maple syrup and mix until combined.
- Once the apples are stewed, sprinkle the topping mixture on top and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the topping just starts to brown.